Pages

Monday, October 29, 2012

VALS Survey Results

The VALS online survey has put me in two categories: Striver and Experiencer. After examining the definitions of each of these two groups, I don't think I'm too terribly like either one of them. I think that there are certain characteristics that are definitely part of me. Strivers are supposed to be "fun-loving" and "trendy" and their ultimate idea of success is being wealthy. I don't think of myself as at all trendy. I like to dress in a way that I think is attractive, stylish and classic, but following trends has never been something I've been at all concerned with. The money equating success thing is definitely not me either. Sure, I do think that being paid a great deal of money would be a wonderful thing, but my idea of success is sort of an all encompassing thing. I do think that financial stability is important, but to be truly successful, I think it must be paired being respected by peers, and being able to lead a happy personal. Strivers are concerned with approval and the opinions of others. This I must admit is something that I often think (and sometimes fret) about. I think that my personality is a bit closer to that of the Experiencer. The Experiencer is all about "self-expression," sort of hops from thing to thing, favors the "off-beat." I am someone who is obsessed with self-expression, with the strange, whimsical and bizarre. When it comes to drawing energy from certain activities, this category offers up sports, outdoor recreation and social activities. I'm not terribly sporty, but I am energized by social activities and being around friends. Looking at both of these categories, I don't know if I really fit either one that well. I don't think I've learning anything about myself that I wasn't already aware of. I think that this information may be used to determine what kind of person would buy a certain kind of product, perhaps if a certain age group or gender is more likely to fit into a certain category and therefore be more likely to buy a certain product.

No comments:

Post a Comment