Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Motion Masters: Back Again!



“MotionMasters is your creative partner in telling tales in print and on film, video, the web, CD-ROM or DVD, and you’re in good company when you work with us. Hospitals, advertising agencies, tourism, higher education, financial institutions, government agencies and manufacturers…we’ve been showcasing our clients’ stories since our founding on Groundhog Day in 1987. See more at: http://motionmasters.com/#sthash.siB2WPWi.dpuf” 


On Monday I began my second summer of interning with Motion Masters, a video production firm in my home town of Charleston, WV. Because last summer was such a fun and educational experience, I was happy to return to work with them!
Motion Masters specializes in conceptualizing, creating and filming advertisments, documentaries, educational films and much more. I really enjoyed interacting with my coworkers and the assignments that I was given to work on.
I was taken on many shoots to film. Motion Masters creates commercials for the local theme park, Camden Park, and I was taken along to help in the production of a new commercial. The crew and I drove to the park and filmed our hired “family” to run around the park. We needed footage of the new attraction, “The Rattler,” and I was happy to take our new GoPro camera onto the ride and get POV shots of people riding the ride. I ended up in the final edit of the commercial, as well as on their facebook page with my fellow intern, Bennet: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10152147442449022&set=vb.56846824021&type=2&theater
I also was on camera a few other times, when an extra was needed in an educational film. I was filmed typing and in other scene I was being “interviewed.” When I wasn’t on camera, I was behind the scenes, sitting in on editing, picking music tracks and sound effects for videos and helping out on more video shoots.
My favorite thing about working with Motion Masters last summer was that I was given my own big project and a lot of creative freedom! I was assigned to create a promo video for the firm. I spent weeks storyboarding, looking up props and costumes and auditioning dogs. Seriously! Here is the final product: http://motionmasters.com/unleash-your-creativity/
I was also director, writer, location scout for that project, as well sitting in on the editing process. It was such an exciting experience to work as a director. Working with the actors (human AND canine) was my favorite part and something I hope to do again.  
I am really looking forward to the projectst that I will be a part of this summer and I will write about my experiences this first week in my next blog post.
Check out the Motion Masters website here: http://motionmasters.com/
Motion Masters Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/MotionMasters/56846824021

No comments:

Post a Comment