Pages

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Graveyard Analysis


I find After Effects to be a complex program and, as newcomer to this branch of film-making, I have found it challenging when working on of our projects so far. So when it comes to working on this project, I realistically see all aspects of this film (masking, rotoscoping, day to night, etc.) as being potentially difficult for me, but if there is going to be one thing that I think will be the most difficult, it will be the adding the green-screened zombie to the graveyard footage. 
I think that this scene would not only be technically difficult, but I am worried about getting the zombie footage to look natural against the graveyard footage, so it synchs up well together and giving the zombie enough room to move around in. I don’t want there to be a lack of space and my zombie’s arm just disappears off frame or goes through where a tree or a headstone is.   
When it came to storyboarding my project, I tried not to make the scene with the actual zombie too complex for me to work with, but there is a enough there to give it some visual interest.
One problem that I noticed with some of the footage and my storyboarding is that there is a lack of space for the character to move in. I will have to really work around that to make the footage of a character moving within the space seem natural. I will probably have to tinker around a bit and work on panning and zooming in on certain areas to make it seem as if there is more space.



However, if this is a problem that I really can’t work around, my storyboards can always be re-worked to accommodate my work. No reason to make it more difficult in this project.
All things considered, though, I am really interested in the horror genre so this type of project is right of my alley and with Halloween coming up, I look forward to working on this project.


No comments:

Post a Comment