Pages

Monday, January 21, 2013

Graphic Novel Reading List Pics

-->
After scanning the Graphic Novel reading list on the syllabus, I have chosen three graphic novels that I would like to read: “V for Vendetta,” “Watchmen,” and “Batman: The Dark Knight Returns.” I would like to read new material, look at the art and add these three novels to my list of graphic novels that I have read.
            I am a HUGE fan of the film “V for Vendetta” and would like to read it to see how much the film deviates from the source material. And if it does, will I like the novel as much, if not more, than the film? I’m also a fan of Alan Moore and I could always stand to read more of his work. I think he’s a superb writer who creates complex characters and situations.
            When I was in high school, I was lent a copy of “Watchmen,” but was unable to finish it because I had to return it to my friend before he left for college. I would like to finally finish the book because of how well written it was. I have seen the movie several times and from what I remember of the book, the movie seems to follow the novel faithfully, even down to the Again, huge Alan Moore fan. From what I read of “Watchmen,” I really enjoyed. I have heard that the end of the movie was different than how the novel ended (and has seemed to cause some controversy among fans), so I am curious about that.
            “Batman: The Dark Knight Returns” is a graphic novel that I know is very popular in the Batman fandom that I have never read. Being a huge fan of Batman myself, that is a good enough reason for me to want to read it. I fell in love with “Sin City” and have wanted to read more by Frank Miller since.
            The next time that I’m in the bookstore, I’d like to pick up these three so that I can begin to read and analyze them.

No comments:

Post a Comment