Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Studio Production: What am I Getting Out of It?


As with any Communications course I have taken in my three semesters of attending Shepherd University, I hope to learn many new things from this course that will aid my journey towards my dream of becoming a video production and film director. I hope to work on new and interesting projects, would like to have a greater knowledge of the technical side of video and film production, be involved in an open, hands-on environment, engage in class discussions, work on set and achieve a greater overall knowledge of studio production. 


At the moment, I don’t feel particularly skilled in the technical aspects of production. I am much better at conceiving ideas, brainstorming, etc. While I think I am decent at the more creative aspects of video and film production, I would like to learn how to be more efficient in the technical realm of production.
I hope to gain some experience with operating cameras, using editing software I have never used before and working with any other equipment that might come in useful on a set (lighting, sound, etc.) Through our projects in the studio, I would like to leave this course with a better understanding of what it is like to work on a film set. 
I am excited to be involved in an environment that “encourages improvement in critical skills” as well as “self-evaluation” and “synthetic skills.” (32) I am also a very visual and hands-on learner. I look forward to time spent engaging in class discussion and writing blogs as well as working in the studio. 
            As I look to work in the field of video and film production, I hope that over the course of this class I gain experience that will come in useful in the future. This summer I am applying for an internship at Motion Masters, a video production company in my hometown of Charleston, West Virginia. I hope that this course will prepare me for possible jobs that I would have on set such as operating a camera or holding a boom. This information and experience will not only benefit me in a possible internship, but will pave the way towards my dream of becoming a film and video production director. 

No comments:

Post a Comment