Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

My Favorite Role in the Studio


While working in the production studio, I had a chance to work a little at every position in front of and behind the camera, from camera operator to working on audio and being in front of the camera.
While I enjoyed a many of these positions, my favorite role in the studio was being in charge of lighting. Lighting is not exactly something I have had much experience with, but while I was working in that position, I had some creative control over how the set looked. I was able to alter the position of the lamps based on whether or not I thought that they looked good, were distracting, etc. I liked being able to call the shots in that area because I was able to arrange the set so that I thought it was more aesthetically-pleasing to look at. I liked being able to have a little control over the look of the set. I was very pleased by having had the opportunity to do that.
There were many other positions that I was afforded the opportunity to work in, but that one was my favorite because I was able to give some creative input, something I always enjoy and something I would very much like to be a part of my career in the future as I feel it is one of my strong points.

No comments:

Post a Comment