Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Working in the Studio



I have enjoyed working in the studio. There have been many positive things that I have experienced while working with the equipment.
I really like that everyone had to chance to get some experience in each position. I think that way of doing things is fair to everyone. Every person gets a little taste of a particular position. Many of those jobs I’d never attempted before and I liked that I was able to have a chance to try them.  
I also really enjoyed receiving instruction when I had an issue with getting the camera to white balance. I felt that I was really being listened to. There was time taken time to understand and explain how to fix the problem. I understand that everyone requires attention (especially when operating equipment they’ve never used before), but I really appreciated the attention paid to me. I like to have a great deal of direction so that I know what I’m doing. It made me feel that my work in the studio is taken seriously and that I am valuable to creating the production.
I am getting to know and work with my classmates. Through my classes in the past I have made great friends that I go on to work with and involve in my projects. Through our work in the studio, I’ve gotten to interact with people I’d never met before. I think that working together towards one common goal (in this case, producing a show) brings people closer.
I wouldn’t say that there is anything I consider my least favorite as I saw all of it as valuable and interesting to me, but I would say that I always have a great deal of difficulty with technical things. I’m always nervous that I’m going to press the wrong button and ruin a shot or mess up the audio or something. I think that with further instruction, I ought to be less nervous.
I think that I would like to learn more about each of these positions that we went over. I think that doing the rotation again might be a good idea because I would be interested in seeing how I handle a job that I had gotten a little, tiny bit of experience in again to observe how I do the second time around.
Overall I have enjoyed my time working in the studio acquiring new skills and making new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment