Pages

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Cultural Attendance: Blue Yonder

 
 
On the weekend of the fourth, my boyfriend and I traveled up to Charleston and attended an event at Black Sheep Restaurant (which is partners with Charleston Brewing company.) The band that we watched was a Bluegrass band called "Blue Yonder." The band played many classic bluegrass numbers. This genre is especially popular with West Virginia, especially the Southern part of the state, where country, southern rock and bluegrass has always been enjoyed.
 
Me with Blue Yonder
 
While Colin and I ate burritos and enjoyed some drinks, we listened to the band play. The band played nearly an hour long show and we really enjoyed their music. The men in the band wore western-style costumes, complete with hats and cowboy boots. Next time I'm in town, I'm going to have to check out the other events the Black Sheep is putting on!



No comments:

Post a Comment