Pages

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Cultural Attendance: Jazz Night

The band setting up for the show

I attended Jazz Night, an event hosted by the Shepherd Jazz Band and the Music Department.
The Shepherd Jazz Band played in the Frank Center Theatre. The event was on April 7th, from 8:00 pm to 9:30 pm.

The turnout was good and the audience was receptive. I’m a big fan of Jazz, Swing and Big Band, so the type of music was up my alley. The band consisted of a trumpets, trombones, cello, French horn, guitar, piano and even an oboe. The band’s conductor would switch out the band, who were made up of two different groups, to play selections of more contemporary numbers. There were some very talented musicians in the group, lots of really great solos (the trumpeters especially stood out to me.)

The whole event was lively and enthusiastic. If there had been room, I could see people possibly swing-dancing to some of the selections. My foot certainly was tapping.
I enjoyed this event and would like to attend more events with the Shepherd Jazz band.

No comments:

Post a Comment